Helping Hand Message board
is being replaced by -

Ask A Handyman
Please post new questions there.

| View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg |

A Handyman Helping Hand

Re: Moisture in the attic

Posted By: Joe
Friday, 9 February 2001, at 3:35 p.m.

In Response To: Moisture in the attic (Joe P.)

The propane heater will only exacerbate the problem!

The by product of combustion is carbon dioxide and water vapor and LOTS of water vapor. That water vapor will condense on the cold surfaces adding to the sumptoms you see.

The CAUSE of the problem is too high humidity in your house. The likely CULPRIT is any propane type heater or fireplace you may be using particularly unvented types.

Another culprit can be a humidifier on a forced air furnace set too high or even an unfinished crawlspace or basement with a dirt floor.

You need to elminate the moisture by eliminating use of ventless gas or kerosene heaters; adjusting the humidifer on a forced air furnace; sealing a dirt floor; and using de-humidifiers.

Messages in This Thread

| View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg |

A Handyman Helping Hand is maintained with WebBBS 3.12. and proudly sponsored by Productive Connection