Helping Hand Message board
is being replaced by -

Ask A Handyman
Please post new questions there.

| View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg |

A Handyman Helping Hand

Re: lead base paint

Posted By: Joe
Saturday, 5 August 2000, at 4:22 a.m.

In Response To: lead base paint (Sam)

Lead is primarily associated with brain and developmental disorders in young children but can cause neurological problems in adults. It must be ingested or inhaled for it to become a problem.

Lead paint is treated much the same way as asbestos; it is encapsulated rather than removed whenever possible.

Your state will have guidelines avaiable from its department of Environmental Resources on ow to safely encapsulate lead paint in your home.

The threat of lead poisoning is greatest during remodeling when demolition work releases lead dust into your home.

Messages in This Thread

| View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg |

A Handyman Helping Hand is maintained with WebBBS 3.12. and proudly sponsored by Productive Connection